The Pass protocol is how you decline to participate in something. Use it anytime you don’t want to participate in an activity.
- When you’ve decided not to participate, say “I pass.”
- Unpass any time you desire. Unpass as soon as you know you want to participate again by saying “I unpass.”
- Hold reasons for passing private.
- Pass on something as soon as you are aware you are going to pass.
- In general, you will not be in good standing with your Core Commitments if you pass most of the time.
- You can pass on any activity; however, if you have adopted the Core Commitments, you cannot pass on a Decider vote and you must say “I’m in” when checking in.
- You can pass even though you have already started something.
- Respect the right of others to pass without explanation.
- Support those who pass by not discussing them or their pass.
- Do not judge, shame, hassle, interrogate or punish anyone who passes.